Cambridge IELTS 13 comprises 4 genuine IELTS examination papers from Cambridge Evaluation English, offering wonderful examination apply.
The Pupil’s E book with solutions permits college students to familiarise themselves with IELTS and to practise examination strategies utilizing genuine exams. It comprises 4 full exams for Tutorial candidates. An introduction to those modules is included within the e book, along with a proof of the scoring system utilized by Cambridge Evaluation English. There’s a complete part of solutions and tapescripts in the back of the e book. Audio CDs containing the fabric for the Listening Checks, and a Pupil’s E book with solutions with downloadable Audio are offered individually.
Take a look at 1 10
Take a look at 2 32
Take a look at 3 54
Take a look at 4 76
Listening and Studying Reply Keys 118
Pattern solutions for Writing duties 126
Pattern reply sheets 136
MARKING THE PRACTICE TESTS
Listening and Studying
The Reply Keys are on pages 118–125. Every query within the Listening and Studying exams is value one mark. Questions which require letter / Roman numeral solutions
• For questions the place the solutions are letters or Roman numerals, you need to write solely the variety of solutions required. For instance, if the reply is a single letter or numeral you need to write just one reply. In case you have written extra letters or numerals than are required, the reply should be marked improper. Questions which require solutions within the type of phrases or numbers
• Solutions could also be written in higher or decrease case.
• Phrases in brackets are non-compulsory – they’re right, however not crucial.
• Different solutions are separated by a slash (/).
• If you’re requested to put in writing a solution utilizing a sure variety of phrases and/or (a) quantity(s), you can be penalised in the event you exceed this. For instance, if a query specifies a solution utilizing NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS and the proper reply is ‘black leather-based coat’, the reply ‘coat of black leather-based’ is wrong.
• In questions the place you might be anticipated to finish a niche, you need to solely switch the mandatory lacking phrase(s) onto the reply sheet. For instance, to finish ‘within the …’, the place the proper reply is ‘morning’, the reply ‘within the morning’ could be incorrect.
• All solutions require right spelling (together with phrases in brackets).
• Each US and UK spelling are acceptable and are included within the Reply Key.
• All commonplace options for numbers, dates and currencies are acceptable.
• All commonplace abbreviations are acceptable.
• You can find further notes about particular person solutions within the Reply Key. Writing The pattern solutions are on pages 126–135. It isn’t attainable so that you can give your self a mark for the Writing duties. Now we have offered pattern solutions (written by candidates), exhibiting their rating and the examiner’s feedback. These pattern solutions provides you with an perception into what’s required for the Writing take a look at.
The Apply Checks have been checked to make sure that they’re of roughly the identical degree of issue as the true IELTS take a look at. Nevertheless, we can not assure that your rating within the Apply Checks will likely be mirrored in the true IELTS take a look at. The Apply Checks can solely offer you an thought of your attainable future efficiency and it’s in the end as much as you to make choices based mostly in your rating.
Pattern Unit from Cambridge IELTS 13
The examiner asks the candidate about him/herself, his/her residence, work or research and different acquainted subjects.
EXAMPLE: Tv programmes
• The place do you often watch TV programmes/reveals? [Why?/Why not?]
• What’s your favorite TV programme/present? [Why?]
• Are there any programmes/reveals you don’t like watching? [Why?/Why not?]
• Do you assume you’ll watch extra TV or fewer TV programmes/reveals sooner or later? [Why?/Why not?]
Describe somebody who has began a enterprise.
You need to say:
who this individual is
what work this individual does
why this individual determined to begin a enterprise
and clarify whether or not you want to do the identical sort of work as this individual.
You’ll have to discuss concerning the subject for one to 2 minutes. You have got one minute to consider what you will say. You can also make some notes that will help you if you want.
Selecting work – Instance questions:
What sorts of jobs do younger individuals not wish to do in your nation?
Who’s greatest at advising younger individuals about selecting a job: academics or mother and father?
Is cash at all times an important factor when selecting a job?
Work–Life steadiness – Instance questions:
Do you agree that many individuals these days are underneath strain to work longer hours and take much less vacation?
What’s the influence on society of individuals having a poor work–life steadiness?
May you advocate some efficient methods for governments and employers to make sure individuals have work–life steadiness?
DOWNLOAD CAMBRIDGE IELTS 13
For IELTS learners taking Normal Coaching exams, try Cambridge IELTS 13 General Training Student’s Book With Answers.